My weight loss

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Points...to use or not to use

I made myself oatmeal this morning, but it didn't turn out like I wanted so I only ate a few bites. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I think it started with the fact that I didn't have any milk. I make it with water (instant oatmeal), but I always add about a tablespoon of milk at the end, just to make it creamy. Since I didn't have any milk I added a little of my vanilla creamer instead. It made a big gooey mess. Oh well. I'll count 2 points for the bites I did eat.

I had an apple around 11 AM and then didn't have any lunch. Probably not the best thing to do, but it's what I did nonetheless.

Dinner was good. I had about a 4 oz pork chop (4 points), 1/2 cup butter and herb rice (3 points), broccoli, and 1 roll with ICBINB (3 points). 10 points for dinner.




We ate dinner pretty early this evening because it was Scout night, so when we got home from Scouts I was a little hungry. I had a snack/dessert of 5 Ritz crackers spread with 2T of cream cheese and 1T of strawberry preserves. That is such a satisfying dessert/snack - sweet, yet filling. That leaves me 12 points for the day, but I'm not going to use them. I've been losing, but not as big chunks as I'd like so I'm hoping to jumpstart that loss again. I thought staying right at 100% of my weekly points (not including the 49 extra points we get each week) was the optimal place to be for weight loss, but it hasn't worked out that way the last few weeks, so I'm going to try to go back to staying under my points and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment