My weight loss

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Badness and Sunday recovery

My oldest son had an archery tournament out of town on Saturday. It's also his birthday weekend, so that equals eating out. I had a cereal bar for breakfast, so I started out good. 2 points.

For lunch I played it safe and had the Southwestern Grilled Chicken salad from McDonald's. 11 points

At dinner all hell broke loose. I was starving and Chad picked Golden Corral. I had to make a decision: try to stay within points or eat what I want. I decided to eat what I wanted, within reason. Even "within reason" ended up being 23 points for dinner, but then I went NUTS and had not one, but TWO desserts. Ohhhhh, but it was worth it! Their bread pudding and chocolate chess pie are divine. (7 points and 10 points, respectively, by the way.) So, to detail my plate(s), I had a piece of Fried Chicken (thigh, 6 points), a piece of sirloin steak ( 6 points), some kernel corn (3 points), some steamed cauliflower (free), cheesy potatoes (5 points), and cornbread stuffing (3 points). Nothing really over the top, but still loaded with points.

On Sunday I slept late, so I had no breakfast. I had a Smart Ones Creamy Chicken Rigatoni with Broccoli for lunch (7 points). Then I had snack of Ritz crackers with cream cheese and strawberry jam (5 points).

We went to the movies this afternoon and I had a kid pack of popcorn and Coke Zero. The popcorn I figured at 3 points (3 cups is listed as 4 points in the WW book and I am pretty sure mine was closer to 2 cups).

It's Sunday and I'm declaring Sunday as Potroast Day from here on out! Everyone loves potroast! So, I had about 3-4 ounces of roast (6 points), 1/2 cup of white rice (3 points), and carrots (free). 9 points for dinner.

And, as his last celebration of the weekend, we had birthday cake for my son. I only had a small piece (about 2" square). 4 points I counted 4 points because the book puts a store bought, cream-filled cupcake at 5 points and this was way smaller than a cupcake. The book's listing for cake is outrageous and I refuse to believe what I ate is that many points. It's my calculator so I'll calculate it however I want to! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment