My weight loss

Monday, February 28, 2011

Small victories

Breakfast was a chocolatey pretzel Special K bar and a cup of milk. 5 points

I missed lunch, but had a banana as an afternoon snack.

I had a headache this afternoon and ALMOST called Charles to have him bring home KFC, but I took some meds and decided to proceed with my plan for dinner. I'm proud of myself. :)

I've realized that my desire to have a 'pretty' picture of my dinner on my blog has made me not only choose to prepare more than 1 vegetable, but also to choose more colorful vegetables at dinnertime. Writing here has more than one healthy side effect (keeping track of what I eat, being accountable for what I eat, AND now eating healthier for presentation purposes. LOL) For dinner tonight I had 3 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked in chicken broth seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, & Greek seasoning (3 points), 1/2 cup instant butter & herb mashed potatoes (3 points), peas (I thought peas were free, but apparently they're not. 1 point for the peas), 1/3 cup of corn, which would have been 2 points (butter was added), but I only ate a couple of bites, so I'm counting 1 point, and 2 slices of french bread with ICBINB (3 points). 11 points for dinner.


For dessert I had an Edy's individual size ice cream cup, Peanut Butter Cup flavor. It was small so I bought it thinking it would be 4 or 5 points, but it turns out to be 7. I have it available, so I'm going to get it out of my freezer tonight and only buy Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice cream cups from now on. It was worth every one of those 7 points though! LOL 7 points

No comments:

Post a Comment