My weight loss

Friday, January 28, 2011

Comfort Food Does Not Have To Be Off Limits!

Snow Day! Yippee!!! I was really hoping the kids would go to school today. This is their 14th snow day, which means 14 days of missed instruction. They say they built 7 snow days into the calendar, so that means 7 days of missed instruction. That's still more than a week. An extra Spring Break, if you will. I'm so over it.

The scale is being nice to me though. I hope it carries over to tomorrow when I can actually record my weigh in!

Lunch was my Lean Cuisine favorite, Chicken Poblano. 7 points I mean, just look at all the yummy goodness in there.


I had a 2 point cup of tea after lunch. India Spice Chai with 1T of white sugar, and 2T of vanilla latte creamer. What a nice treat it was!

Dinner was pure comfort food. It was called Braised steak and vegetables and was very good. The steak could have been more tender, but the taste was great. I browned some cube steaks in a pan, then removed them. I sprayed the pan with canola oil and added sliced onions. My onions stuck a little, so I added just a dash of olive oil and that took care of it, but that part wasn't in the recipe. Then you add 3 T of flour that has been mixed with 1t of pepper and stir it until the flour is brown. Then add a can of Italian diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup fat free beef broth, thinly sliced carrots and sliced or chunked mushrooms, and the steaks back in. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes. It was like a cross between Swiss Steak and Pot Roast. 6 points for a 4 oz piece of steak. I served it with instant mashed potatoes (3 points for 1/2 cup) and I had a biscuit since I was indulging (5 points with 1T ICBINB). 14 points for a fabulous hearty dinner.


Since I only have 6 points left for the day and weigh in is tomorrow, I think I'm going to have my 1 point chocolate bananas for dessert around 7:00. Okay, I added some diced apples. I think I like it better with just bananas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment