My weight loss

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lean Cuisine inspired post

I wasn't going to post today, but I have to tell you about the Lean Cuisine meal I had for lunch! It's called Chicken Poblano and comes in a bag that you steam in the microwave. It was delicious! If you are craving Mexican food, it's perfect. It has corn in it, which provides a nice little burst of sweet every now and then. I will be buying more of these. It was 7 points.

I have, of course, been weighing myself every day, but I'm not going to post any numbers until weigh-in day, which is Saturday. I will say this though, "I am happy with what's happening." :) I have more energy already and, while I was craving a gravy biscuit last night, I mostly am not feeling deprived or frustrated at what I am not eating. And if I break down and have something I shouldn't, that's ok. I'll figure out the points, put it in my calculator, and move on. It's not the end of the world. I have 49 EXTRA points each week! I don't know how I would lose weight if I actually USE all those points, but they're there. I think it's just psychological, knowing they're there if I want them makes me feel better. Psychological or not, I like it.

Dinner was very good again tonight. This cooking healthy thing really isn't that hard. And the best part is that I'm saving money by not eating out and the whole family is eating healthier, even if they don't eat exactly what I do. Tonight Carter and I had Salmon (from Sam's already seasoned - 7 points), 1/2 cup brown rice with garlic powder and Italian seasonings (2 points), sauteed mushrooms and baby spinach (I counted 1 point for the dash of olive oil I used), and steamed carrots (zero points. I had nothing on them at all and they are actually very good that way). Dinner total: 10 points and it was a lot of food. Chad and Charles don't like salmon, so Chad had pizza and Charles was on his own. But Carter had exactly what I had, only he prefers his carrots and spinach raw.

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:

I should have put the spinach in between the fish and rice to make the colors alternate. I'll have to think of that next time. :)

That leaves me with 12 points and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I hate eating, especially in the evening, when I'm really not starving, but it seems they encourage you to try to eat all of your points for the day. The most common answer I've found to "Do I have to eat all my points?" is "You should try to get all of your points in each day, but it's okay if you don't." What kind of answer is that? Is it going to affect me negatively if I don't? If not, then why should I "try" to get them all in? I mean, I know my body needs a certain amount of 'fuel' each day, but I feel like I'm giving it plenty. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is already way more than I'm used to eating. I'm just used to eating terrible food when I do eat. I feel like I want to eat some type of dessert just to get my points in, but that can't be good. What to do, what to do.

I ended up having a 2 point Swiss Miss frozen fudge bar. It was quite good. I guess I'll end my day with 10 points left. I can't see eating junk just to eat and fruit is free, so that wouldn't even count against my points. With fruit and vegetables being free I think having points left at the end of the day is going to be a trend with me. That can't be bad, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment