My weight loss

Saturday, January 8, 2011

WEIGH IN DAY

We had a busy morning today, but I didn't let it deter me. I had oatmeal for breakfast which, by the way, is something I ate often even before I started this program. 4 points

The boys started a NASA program today, so that put us out all morning. On the way home they wanted Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is my all time favorite pizza and competes for my favorite food overall. AND I had to go inside the restaurant because Carter had a paper snowflake hanging inside that we wanted to see, although they didn't eat inside. The aroma was divine. But I was strong. They got their pizza and I came home and had a Lean Cuisine Flatbread Melts - Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Chicken. It was very good, especially to be a microwave meal, but it was 9 points, which is more than the other Lean Cuisine meals I've tried. But, it is a very nice alternative to pizza if that's what the family is having. Here are our meals side by side. Can you believe they tortured me like that?! Oh, and it's a picture of the BOX and not the pizza because they devoured it in no time. I guess that was good for me, huh? LOL


I had a fun size snickers for an afternoon snack: 3 points

Dinner was quick and easy. I had a Garlic Chicken Lean Cuisine frozen bag meal (7 points)with sauteed mushrooms and green beans (I'll count 2 points for the olive oil I cooked it in). So 9 points for dinner and look at all this food! I couldn't eat it all.


The thing that I am really enjoying about doing Weight Watchers is that it's real food. I don't feel like I'm eating diet food at all. The Lean Cuisine meals are really good. Dinner most of the time is just a normal dinner, minus bread or maybe a few slight changes in preparation. It hasn't been difficult and that's important to me, because if it's too much trouble I won't stick with it.

So...weigh in...

I LOST 4.4 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! Woo hoo! Honestly, I expected to lose about 5, but I am VERY happy with 4.4. What an encouragement. It really gives me incentive to keep going and make these changes in my eating habits because it will be SO worth it in the end. And, yes, when I was in Pizza Hut today it smelled good and I would have liked to have had a piece. BUT, it wasn't an overwhelming feeling. The main problem was that it was 1:00 PM and I was hungry. I knew that I could get home and have a reasonable lunch. And I did. I am so proud of myself for that! Overall, this week I used 183 out of 217 available points, that's 84% of points used and no extra points. After losing 4.4 pounds I also lose a point each day, so now I'll get 30 points to use each day instead of 31. It's funny how there was a very slight twinge of fear when I saw that, even though I never even got close to using all my points. I want them there...just in case. Ahhhh, the psychology of weight loss.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! Glad the program is keeping you motivated, that's what counts. You have to find something that you can stick with! I have no issues with Weight Watchers because I love that they do not 'restrict' food groups and it is still a pretty balanced diet.

    All the encouragement you are getting via FB friends is pretty cool too :)

    ReplyDelete