My weight loss

Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh, the guilt!

It's a snow day today, but I still got up at 8:30. Yay me! I had oatmeal for breakfast, Quaker High Fiber Maple & Brown Sugar. 4 points. At about 11:30 I had a cup of coffee - 2 points (1 for the creamer and 1 for the 1T of sugar).

Lunch was a creation of my own that included a flatbread pita slathered with light sour cream, sauteed chicken on top of that, with salsa on top of the chicken, rolled up like a burrito. Yum! 5 points - 2 points for the pita/flatbread, 1 point for the sour cream, and 2 points for the chicken. The salsa is free.
Here it is before being rolled up. I put salt, pepper, & ground red pepper on the chicken as it cooked.


I've been feeling guilty about having a SmartOnes dessert the last 2 or 3 nights in the evening, but I have to remember that they're less than 200 calories and I have the points available AND I try not to eat it too late. AND, most importantly, the scale is still going down, slowly but surely. I can't beat myself up over having dessert just because I expect everything to happen all at once. It's just so good that it feels so wrong. ;)

Afternoon snack: Special K cereal bar, Vanilla Crisp - 2 points

Beef! It's what's for dinner. I originally served myself a 5 oz piece of sirloin steak, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped, so I cut off 2 oz, which left me with 3 oz. 5 points. I had mashed potatoes - 3 points for 1/2 cup, corn - 2 points, and carrots - free. I'll add an extra point for the ICBINB in the potatoes and corn. 11 points total for dinner.


No dessert tonight. I let the guilt get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment