My weight loss

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Yay for school today! I had some delicious and filling oatmeal for breakfast. 4 points.

I missed lunch today, so instead of eating late, I just had a Special K cereal bar for 2 points.

Dinner was scrumptious!! I had a new recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu (7 points) and it was so good! Pound thin as many 4 oz chicken breasts as you need for number of servings. Place 1 oz of deli smoked ham on top of each breast fillet, then top with 1 thin slice of swiss cheese broken in half. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Brush with light mayonaise (2 T for all chicken is plenty) and then roll in Italian bread crumbs. Brown chicken rolls in nonstick pan (I sprayed with canola oil) until brown. Add 2/3 cup Fat Free Chicken broth, bring to boil, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Delish! I paired it with chicken flavored rice (4 points, but I ate very little, so I'm only counting 3 points)and sweet kernel corn (2 points). 12 point dinner that was better than any restaurant.



I had a square from a Hershey's special dark bar while waiting on my SmartOnes Strawberry Shortcake to thaw. . 1 point The shortcake was 5 points and only okay. I only took a few bites, so I'm counting 3 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment