My weight loss

Monday, January 3, 2011

To be 3 oz. or not to be 3 oz...that is the question

Yawn! The kids went back to school today and I was so worried about oversleeping that I woke up several times in the night and was up for good at 6:30. And they were STILL almost late because we couldn't find shoes and school folders. Oh well. It's Monday. :)

Breakfast this morning was a piece of toast with crunchy peanut butter on it (6 points). Very satisfying.

I met my new doctor this morning. He's quite the looker. A simple question ("So, do I see you for my pap smears also?") and a simple answer ("If you want.") kind of made me giggle inside. LOL I didn't get my labs done this morning because I ate breakfast and we'd rather have them done on a fast, so I'll go back tomorrow just for that.

I had a hard time deciding what I'd have for lunch: a turkey sandwich? a tuna sandwich? a frozen meal? soup? I finally went with a Healthy Choice frozen meal, Chicken Alfredo Florentine. It was very good and only 5 points. It wasn't completely filling though, so I had a pear for dessert (0 points). Wow! I had forgotten how utterly delicious a good pear can be. It was very refreshing.

Dinner tonight was Sauteed shrimp ( 3 oz, 2 points), brown rice with slivered almonds ( 2 points for rice, 3 points for almonds), and green beans with mushrooms (free). It was very good and I don't feel deprived at all. I have 12 points left and will probably have popcorn and 1 reese's cup in a bit (8 points total). Here is a picture of my dinner. I dropped my kitchen scale last night and I'm just not sure if it is measuring correctly now. Does that look like 3 oz of shrimp to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment