My weight loss

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Delicious Day

I slept in today, so no breakfast.

Lunch was delish! I had a hot roast beef sandwich with mushrooms and gouda cheese. I sauteed some sliced mushrooms in a pan with the spray "I Can't Believe It's Not butter" and then added 6 slices of deli roast beef. I toasted my double fiber wheat bread in the oven and then put it all together with 1/2 T of mayonaise (8 points total). It was like eating in a restaurant!

We went out to Grandview park today to take some pictures and the kids hadn't eaten lunch, so we stopped at Subway. It was 3:00 and watching them eat made me hungry so I had a sandwich - 6" subway club with provolone & lite mayo (10 points). So I still had 12 points left for a late dinner.

Wow! As a non-cooking person I continue to amaze myself. LOL I had a scrumptious dinner tonight that was only 6 points and took only about 15 minutes to prepare! Fajitas! I sauteed 2 frozen chicken breast tenderloins (2 points) in a tsp of olive oil (1 point), cut them lengthwise as they were cooking, then added a bag of Kroger brand frozen 3 pepper & onion blend (free). I wrapped them in a flatbread (warmed in a pan on the stove, each side for 10-15 seconds) called "Joseph's Flax, Oat, Bran, & Whole Wheat pita bread" (3 points for 2 pitas). 2 HUGE fajitas for 6 points! The only problem was that it needed more seasoning. I only put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on it. I'll have to find some kind of mexican seasoning for it, because I will definitely be making it again. It was SUPER easy!! Here it is in the pan. Isn't it beautiful? And I ate all of it! Well, except for 2 bites. I was full.


I ended the day with a Weight Watchers dessert I bought at Wal-Mart. It's called "SmartOnes Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sundae", is 4 points, and tastes SO delicious! It's 'real' dessert. It doesn't taste diet at all. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment