My weight loss

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shout it to the rooftops! "I love Bruschetta!!!"

I made a new concoction for breafast and it was quite good. I'll call it "Kathy's frittata". I looked up the difference between an omelet and a frittata and this more closely resembled the latter. It was an open faced egg sandwich with sauteed onions and mushrooms inside, with 2 slices of tomato folded into the finished product. My first 2 bites were just okay, but then the tomato fell out. It was much better without the tomato. I love tomatoes though, so I ate them separately. I had to use real eggs instead of the eggbeaters, so that upped my points value from 2 to 5 points, but look at this beauty of a breakfast.


Lunch was a Mediterranean Chicken Lean Pocket, which was just okay. 8 points and not worth it. BUT, I made bruschetta to go with it (chopped tomatoes with salt, garlic powder, dried basil, and a dash of olive oil mixed together and placed on top of melba toast) and it was perfect! 4 points for the bruschetta + 8 points for the Lean Pocket = a 12 point lunch, which is kind of high. I should have just had twice as many pieces of bruschetta and no Lean Pocket. YUM!


We went out to buy shoes for Chad at 4:00 this afternoon and the restaurants smelled divine. I was hungry, too, but I came on home and cooked dinner because I knew I was kind of high on points today. I wanted to have a low point dinner. Another small victory. :)

Dinner was nothing special tonight, but only 5 points! YAY! Baked chicken tenderloins seasoned with garlic powder and black pepper, canned green beans, Uncle Ben's rice, and raw carrots. 2 points for the chicken and 3 for the rice.

Yum. I had a SmartOnes Fudge Brownie Sundae for dessert. So so good! 4 points

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Leslie! I really feel like I am and the best part is that it is not that difficult. I'm happy, not miserable like I have been on other 'diets'.

    ReplyDelete