My weight loss

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weigh In - Week 2

As long as the scale keeps going down and isn't static or going up, then I am happy. This week's loss...2.4 pounds!! For a total loss of 6.8! I'm very happy with that. I really can't complain since I did no exercise this week. And, you know, all those desserts. Ha ha ha. This week's percentages: 185/210 points; 88% of available points used with no extras.

Breakfast this morning was 3/4 Special K cinnamon & pecan cereal with 1/2 cup of milk. Now this is my favorite cereal, but 3/4 cup (1 serving) is barely enough to get me started. LOL At 3 points for the cereal and 2 points for the milk (5 total points), I'm not sure it's the best morning choice. Oatmeal is only 4 points and more filling. I would say the Special K could be seen as a treat some mornings, but that would only be so if I had 2 servings! Oh well. I'll just have an apple or a pear to round it out.

Mid-Morning snack: honeycrisp apple

Lunch was a disaster. I saw that Chili's was in my dining out companion book, but once we got there I realized that there really weren't that many entrees listed. Chicken fajitas were 8 points (9 in the book, but when I calculated the nutrition info I got 8, so I'm going with that), but you had to add 10 if you ate the tortillas (3 of them) and 6 if you ate the condiments (lettuce, tomato, sour cream, quacomole, & cheese). I ate only 1 tortilla and I did break down and eat the condiments, so I counted 17 points for lunch. Ouch!! Charles and I got the 2 for $20 deal and that came with an appetizer. They got the Texas Cheese fries! Excuse me while I drool. Apparently Mommy gets quite irritable when there is food on the table that she can't eat. I was snapping at Chad and directing Charles as to what needed to be eaten next. I mean seriously, GET THAT GLOB OF CHEESE before I lose my mind!!! It was pretty funny. But then my food came and the day was saved. It wasn't worth it though. I should have just come home and had something to eat.

Dinner was sauteed shrimp and the leftover rice and green beans from the other day. 7 points total. I ate very little of the rice that I served myself because I just didn't like it with the tomatoes in it (so I counted 2 points instead of the 3). That's 6 ounces of shrimp and a fairly large serving of green beans. That leaves me with 1 point leftover for the day. What can I eat that is only 1 point? 16 pretzel sticks or 1/2 of a Swiss Miss fudge bar. Hmmmm...


Okay, I had to edit after I published this post just so I could show you this picture. Apparently 1 T of Hershey's syrup is 1 point. Perfect, right? Well, guess what's free...BANANAS! What goes better with bananas than chocolate? YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment