My weight loss

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is my year!

I just read an article about how successful people have been with weight loss when they blogged about it. Awesome!! Cause I'm *going* to be successful. I just feel it. It's like it's not even an option to stop trying. You know what may have helped me get in that mindset, I mean besides the being unhealthy and just deciding it was time? I decided to start this program early in December. I bought the materials on ebay, looked through them, got familiar with my calculator, and started a list of foods I eat regularly all BEFORE I actually started putting it into practice. January 1st was my day and I didn't start a second before that. I had probably 3 weeks to prepare mentally and it seems that once 1-1-11 came, that's it. This is what I'm doing, no qualms, no regrets, no arguing with myself or having to constantly have an inner dialogue about how I *need* to keep doing it. I just am. No questions asked. It's different from anytime I've ever "dieted" before. Like, for instance, drinking soda or sweet tea. Always before I'd have one every now and then or at my favorite tea-drinking restaurants. This time I really don't even miss it. I went cold turkey and I haven't even mourned for it. Sure, I've had a sip a couple of times, but really and truly only a couple, and it wasn't even as satisfying as I remember. I know this year is the year. I WILL get the weight off!

Breakfast this morning was a Special K chocolately pretzel cereal bar. 2 points.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine cheese cannelloni meal. It was good, we'll go with 3.5 stars. 6 points.

For dinner I had the hamburgers and chips I had wanted yesterday. I had a 3 ounce 93% lean hamburger patty with some dry ranch seasoning mixed in(3 points) with ketchup, mustard, lettuce & tomato (all free) on a Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Whole Grain White bun (3 points) with 17 Lay's Sour Cream & Onion chips on the side (4 points). 10 points for a dinner that seemed sinful. It's all about portions. I also had Coke Zero to drink, which is zero points.

We ate early because we have Cub Scouts tonight, so I'm glad that I have 12 points left because I'm sure I'll be hungry later. I'll just try not to eat after 7:30 or 8:00.

At 8 PM I had a snack of 4 sea salt melba toasts (2 points) and 1 wedge of The Laughing Cow cheese, garlic and herb flavor (1 point). Even if I had doubled it and had 8 crackers and 2 wedges of cheese it only would have been 4 points total because of the way the calculator figures the rounding, etc. So, 3 points for my snack tonight and I still have 9 points left. I'll probably just go to bed though and leave them out there in Weight Watchers limbo.

*I did end up having a pear at 9 PM. It doesn't count as any points, but I probably shouldn't have eaten it so late. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment